Id No. (Mine / 1902 map):
Date Located / Formed:
Location Map Description:
Discovery / Formed by:
- Frank G. Peck, Et Al.
-> 1895-06-26 [claim Map]
-> 1902-03-17 [claim Map]
- Midget Gold Mining and Milling Company
-> 1900-xx-xx [reported As Owner]
- Midget lode - 9429
- Midget lode - 9429 Amended
- Maryland lode - 9474
- Protection lode - 11863
- Allegany lode - 9374 [part of]
- New Moon lode - 9048 [part of]
- Sunny Side lode - 9253
- Cumberland lode - 9751
- Little Kate lode - 9687 [part of]
Location Claim Description:
Mineral Certificate No.:
General Land Office No.:
Known Transportation Connection:
Extra Info/Details [Linked at One Time to the Entity]:
Known Producing Info:
Map is mostly boring. But, it helps show how confusing it can be with several claims crossing each other and claiming same area, as this maps shows how the ground decreased from the first map dated June 26th, 1895 with 4.881 Acres of land. To an Amended map dated July 7th, 1900 where there is 1,41 Acres of land left. And it did not stop there, a third map, Amended again, dated March 17th, 1902 shows only 0.022 Acres of land left... They lost it all, the last map shown even an Amended Survey number, and it has no tunnels, shafts or anything left in the ground marked out...
The first, oldest, map shows a Discovery Point, with a Cut and a Tunnel, that area is still there in the 1900 Amended map, but lost by the time the 1902 Amended map was made. In addition to the above mention Discovery Point; the oldest 1895 map shows a Tunnel and a Cut further south of the Discovery Point, and several Drifts, Shafts, Cuts and Trenches further north of the Discovery Shaft. Most of this is lost by the time the map is Amended first time in 1900, and the claim is fragmented into several pieces of disconnected areas.
I assume there must have been lot of legal work done in this part of Gold Hill...