This firm is one of the largest, most substantial and conservative institutions of its kind in the West. Mr. C. N. Miller and Dr. A. G. Young have been identified with the camp from its infancy and were in the same business individually long before the incorporation of the present firm. They have built up a tremendous business by close application to all of the intricacies of the calling. They have gained the confidence of the investing public primarily by their knowledge of the District, and have retained it by conservative and honorable business principles. They have grown by steady stages, year after year, to their present enviable standing, their success reflecting the prosperity of the District.
Their faith in Cripple Creek is evidenced by their investments, both in mining property and city real estate. The office makes a specialty of dividend paying securities and the better class of prospective shares that give promise of developing into pay mines. Their promotions have all been financial successes, and the Gold Bond Consolidated Mines Co., their last promotion, gives healthy indications of becoming the greatest mine on Gold Hill. They have men in the hills at all times whose duty it is to ascertain the physical condition of the many properties represented by the various corporations.
The firm is broad and progressive in every respect, their operations extending from Wyoming to Old Mexico, from the Texas oil fields to California placers. The firm have their own private wires to Colorado Springs, Denver and Pueblo; also have direct New York and Chicago wires, enabling and affording to the industrial and grain investor the advantages that he would enjoy in New York or Chicago.
Mr. Charles N. Miller, president of the company, was born in Buffalo, N. Y., in 1871. though the greater part of his earlier years were passed in Erie. Pa. He came to this camp in '92. and has since been identified with the mining business.
Dr. A. G. Young, secretary of the company was born in Kankakee, Ill., in 1852; later, at an early age, removed to Des Moines, Iowa; later to St. Joseph, Mo., and came to this District in 1893.
Those desiring information with reference to the great Cripple Creek District will find this firm obliging, conservative, discreet and wholly unbiased, the prosperity of the District is theirs and, along these lines, what they say can be wholly relied upon.