Fire at Frank Turner
-> Found at the Colorado Historic Newspaper site.
Last updated: 30 April, 2016 23:17
The Morning Times, Cripple Creek, Colorado.
Tuesday, January 7, 1896
(page 1)
[Images used not part of article]
Sunday Night's Fire.

The residence owned and occupied by Frank Turner, near First and Eaton, was destroyed by fire Sunday evening. Two houses adjoining, one owned by Freyschlag, Kirby & Co., were slightly damaged. The fire was discovered about 7 o'clock and the firemen responded promptly to the alarm, but the flames had gained such headway that it was impossible to save anything in the house. The fire is supposed to have originated by a spark from the stove. Mr. Turner and his wife were away from home at the time and as a consequence a pet dog perished in the flames. The loss is about $800 and no insurance.

While running to the fire Henry Finley, aged 12 years, fell into a shaft and was severely injured. He was taken out in an unconscious condition to the Palace drug store where his wounds were dressed. His right arm was broken and his face was badly cut. A purse was made up for him and he was sent to his home in Mound City.

Smith & Van Orden yesterday adjusted the loss on the Freyschlag-Kirby building, which amounted to $50.


This page, and this site is the work of me, Linda Irene Tingvik, and all text & pictures unless otherwise stated, is the property of me.
All copying, hot linking, Whatever, should be sought permission for, Before doing it!
If you see something that should not be here, is wrongly marked, or have anything to add, please write me.